Friday, November 21, 2008

To My Lover, With Regardless Fidelity

The odds seem to be against us, my dear,
but despite them, I'm willing to indulge in this.
Lets just laugh at the vicissitudes
and humor the ideal of a manic romance.
We can converse about the weather
even though it doesn't matter;
because we don't exist here,
we're in our own world,
spoiled and ignorant, we have no cares.
Days from now we may say our goodbyes,
you may not return, we may even forget,
but lets not waste such a pleasant affair
on account of an unforseeable encumberance.
I'm going to revel in your regard,
delight in your sentiment,
and if you're so bold as to entertain my affection,
perhaps we can relish and enjoy this friendship
in hopes of someday becoming something more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home