Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Too Tired for Sunshine

my eye sockets lick the pavement
cleaning the way for another trampling
teardrops fall upon the bricks
I'm too tired for sunshine
my muscles ache beneath its beating
my soul carries the weight of another dead body
wrapped in black like a garbage bag
slinging side to side
no one sees its bleeding
the funeral procession parading before them
fingertips reaking of tobacco smoke
it reminds me of kisses on a night in june
I drowned in the starlight
drunk on the milky way
I'd never want to be sober again
because I'd have to hang over you
words thumping in my craziness
peeling away the slivers of my el corazon
too tired for laughter
my lips are sealed in your abundance
silent for your satisfaction
tickle your fancy
get pleasure in my pain
given the power one will commit crimes
and never have to pay for them
less he has a soul to burn for it

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kinda sad,but i like it.fits you.

7:21 PM, October 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home