Friday, August 29, 2008

A Lot Like Love

Our existing is ethereal,
I devour the moments with my soul,
the good, and even the insanely awful,
everything I have of you is beautiful.
Your knowledge moves me,
you open my eyes every day,
sometimes prying the lids
as I fight you away,
but even still
I am greatful.
I know you, but I still have so much to learn.
I don't mean to interigate or defile,
I just wish to experience all that is you.
I touch the surface of your skin,
and I try my best to go deeper,
digging through the words you say
hoping to find the bones that you're hiding.
I want all of you,
but I'll take any little bit you can offer.
As long as you're by my side,
I know I'm whole.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

a part of me wants to try this...
despite the distance and not being able to hold you when I want to or be held by you when I need you. I'm tired of giving my love away to people who take it for granted. and the truth is, no matter how far away you are, it just seems like no one else can ever be or will ever try to be as close as you are to me.

9:44 PM, September 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home